A Stitch in Time*

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

White Chocolate Snack Mix

Christmas is a long way off, but in my previous post I talked about starting to plan and stitch some stitched gifts.


Believe it or not, I did just that on Monday. I actually started stitching up some gifts! I will share more about those another day.


Today I wanted to share a recipe that we make at Christmas time. It's also requested by other people year round as it's so delicious and enjoyable to share at parties. It also makes a great gift when you throw it into a cute tin.


White Chocolate Snack Mix


You might want to divide this recipe in half. This full batch is very large.


1 package (10 ozs) mini pretzels

5 cups Cheerios

5 cups Corn Chex

2 cups salted peanuts

1 pound of plain M and M candies

2 packages (12 ounces each package) vanilla chips

3 Tbsp. vegetable oil

In a huge bowl (When I make a full batch, I use two large cooking pots and divide the ingredients evenly between the two pots) combine the first five ingredients; set aside. In a microwave-safe bowl heat chips and oil (do one bag at a time, use that amount for the one bowl of dry ingredients) on medium-high for two minutes, stirring after the first minute. Microwave on high for 10 seconds, stir until smooth. Pour onto the dry ingredients that are set aside in the bowl, stir well. Spread the mixture onto 4 waxed paper-lined baking sheets. (2 baking sheets for a half recipe). Cool. I set each cookie sheet in the freezer for five minutes maximum to harden quickly. Break apart. Store in an airtight container. The full recipe makes five quarts.


If you bring this to a gathering, you will find that people think it's rather addicting. I think it's that combination of sweet and salty!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home